RS PRO Power Cable
We all know that 'power cables' are no laughing matter, and we should treat them with the respect they deserve. That's why RS PRO Armoured Cable is so great. It's tough, lasting, and able to withstand a huge amount of stress, making it perfect for offering protection to your vulnerable cables.
What's Armoured Cable?
Armored cable is a cable that has extra protection against cuts, abrasions, and other damage. It can be used in a wide range of situations, including in houses and buildings, on ships, and in cars.
There are several different types of armoured cable, but they all have two things in common: they have an outer layer of metal or plastic and are very strong. The outer layer also provides extra protection against electromagnetic interference (EMI). This means outside interference will not affect the signal inside the cable. This is important when transmitting data over long distances or through areas with high levels of interference.
Armoured cables are often used for security cameras and other devices that need to send information from one point to another quickly and securely. They are also used for industrial applications where there may be sharp edges or moving machinery that could cause damage to unprotected cables.
Armoured Cable Types
In order to ensure that the cable is safe from being cut, the interior of the cable is covered with a layer of armour. The armour protects the inner wires of the cable. There are two types of armoured cables: aluminum wire armour and steel wire armour. Both types of armours are very durable, but they differ in their construction materials and methods.
Aluminum Wire Armoured Cable
This type of armoured cable has an aluminum foil layer wrapped around the outside of its conductors. The aluminum foil provides excellent protection against cuts and abrasion. Aluminum is also more flexible than steel, which makes it more suitable for use in flexible conduits like conduit body joints (CBJs).
Steel Wire Armoured Cable
Steel wire armoured cable uses solid steel wires as its armouring material. Unlike aluminum wire armours, solid steel wires cannot be bent easily or flexed repeatedly without causing damage. Steel-wire-armoured cables are installed using rigid joints such as rigid conduit fittings or junction boxes.
Uses Of Armoured Cable
There are several different types of armoured cables, each with its unique application. Armoured cable is used in a wide range of industries, including:
- Electrical cabling - armoured cable is used for electrical power cables that must be protected from the elements.
- Communication cabling - armoured cable is used for telephone wires and other communication cables that must be protected from the elements.
- Instrumentation and control cabling - armoured cable is used for instrumentation and control wiring that must be protected from the elements.
- Automation and process control cabling - armouring provides protection against environmental conditions such as corrosion, mechanical damage, abrasion, and chemical attack.
- Global Laser GuideLine 2 Laser Power Cable
- Ioniser Accessory, Power Cable
- 24V 0 Fan Bar Type Ionizer, Power Cable
- Chauvin Arnoux P01295496, Accessory Type Power Cable
- Chauvin Arnoux P01295477, Accessory Type Power Cable
- Schneider Electric VW3 A8 106 Power Cable
- Schneider Electric Power Cable
- ATMI Cable Support for Use with Power Cable